Chihade International, Inc.
• Types of Information We Collect
• Personal Information is any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to a Social Security Number and/or Identification Number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Personal Information shall include but is not limited to: name, home address, home zip code, home telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, Social Security Number and/or Identification
Number, financial information and employment related information such as may be found on resumes, applications, background verification information, or in employment references.
• Non-personal information is information that is already a matter of public record or knowledge. Business contact information is considered non-personal information and not subjected to special protection and it can be routinely shared with anyone inside or outside of the business. Business contact information shall include but is not limited to: business name, business address, business telephone number.
• Sensitive data is information that can include but is not limited to, an individual’s gender, racial or ethnic origins, politics, religion, trade union membership, veteran status, physical or mental health, disabilities, sex life, sexual orientation, or criminal (or alleged criminal) activities, proceedings or convictions. We will never collect Sensitive Personal Information except to comply with Affirmative Action data requirements.
• Aggregate Information is information that is presented in summary or statistical form which does not contain data that would identify a specific individual.
• How We Collect Information
Chihade may collect Personal Information from its Website users in several ways:
• Use of the Website. When you visit a Website we may ask you for Personal Information so that we can provide you with the products, services, or information that you have requested. When you maintain a business account with Chihade and transact business with Chihade through the Website, we will ask you for information necessary to process and complete the transactions with us, including but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, e-mail address, and payment-related information.
• Internet Protocol (IP) Address. An Internet Protocol (IP) Address is associated with your computer's connection to the internet. Chihade may use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with Chihade’s server, to administer the Website and to maintain contact with you as you navigate through the Website. Your computer's IP address also may be used to provide you with information based upon your navigation through the Website. Chihade does not link IP addresses to any Personal Information.
• Aggregate Information – Aggregate Information is used to measure the visitors’ interest in, and use of, various areas of the Website and the various programs that Chihade administers. With this Aggregate Information, Chihade may undertake statistical and other summary analyses of the visitors' behaviors and characteristics. Although Chihade may share this Aggregate Information with third parties, none of this information will allow anyone to identify you, or to determine anything else personal about you.
• How We Use Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information to facilitate the services you request, evaluate prospective customers, suppliers and employees and, if we so elect, to open, maintain and terminate customer accounts, supplier arrangements, or employment relationships.
• Social Security Numbers/Identification Numbers. Chihade takes measures to maintain the confidentiality of your Social Security Number/Identification Number (hereinafter “SSN/IN”) to protect your SSN/IN from unlawful disclosure, and to limit access to your SSN/IN. Chihade will not make your SSN/IN available to the general public, print your SSN/IN on any card, require you to provide your SSN/IN to access any products or services, transmit your SSN/IN over the Internet unless the connection is secure or your SSN/IN has been encrypted, or requires the transmittal of your SSN/IN to access our Website without requiring additional authentication.
• Process Transactions with Customers and Suppliers. Chihade uses Personal Information to fulfill orders placed by customers, to order goods from suppliers, to respond to the requests of users of the Website, and generally to enrich the usefulness of the Website. In addition, Chihade may use Personal Information, both on an identifiable and aggregate basis, in various analyses intended to help Chihade understand its customers and suppliers better.
• Employee Personal Information. Chihade collects Personal Information from its employees and applicants (human resource data) in connection with administration of its Human Resources programs and functions. These programs and functions include, but are not limited to: job applications and hiring programs, compensation and benefit programs, performance appraisals, training, access to Chihade facilities and computer networks, employee profiles, internal intranet employee directories, Human Resource recordkeeping, Affirmative Action data, and other employment related purposes.
It is the policy of Chihade to keep all past and present employee information private from disclosure to third parties. There are certain business related exceptions and they are:
• To comply with county, state or federal agency requests;
• Inquiries from third parties with a signed authorization from the employee to release the information, except in situations where limited verbal verifications are acceptable (see below);
• Third parties with which Chihade has contractual agreements to assist in administration of company sponsored benefits.
• Verification of Employment. Prospective employers, financial institutions, and residential property managers routinely contact Chihade requesting information on a former or current employee's work history and salary. All such requests of this type shall be referred to and completed on a confidential basis by the Human Resources Department or Payroll Department. For written verification of employment requests, information will be provided on the form only when it is accompanied by an employee's signed authorization to release information. The form will be returned directly to the requesting party and filed as part of the Human Resources or Payroll Department’s confidential records.
• Medical Information. Chihade only utilizes information related to the company sponsored healthcare plan on a “need to know” basis for administration of the healthcare plan.
• Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Information.
Chihade may share Personal Information with third parties as described below.
• Third Party Service Providers. We depend upon third parties and independent contractors (collectively “Service Providers”) to provide services in connection with our business operations. We may transmit your Personal Information to or allow access to such information by Service Providers who assist us in a variety of ways, including in hosting our business information and data, allowing information technology providers and maintenance services to provide and support information technology systems and services, processing orders and payments, shipping products, sending catalogs, performing surveys, conducting promotions, advertising and marketing, processing job applications, providing recruitment and background screening, and sending e-mails and newsletters. Without limiting the foregoing, we may make certain of the pages associated with our Website available for employment opportunities or human resources. They usually will be captioned "Careers" or "Career Opportunities" or will have similar labels or captions clearly indicating the employment opportunity subject matter and such pages may be co-branded with Service Providers. We use good faith efforts with these Service Providers to require them to protect the privacy of Personal Information by implementing adequate security measures and by using the Personal Information only as authorized and directed by Chihade. We do not permit such Service Providers to use Personal Information for direct marketing or any other purposes not authorized by Chihade.
• Corporate Transaction. Chihade reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer Personal Information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing of all or any portion of Chihade or of any of the business or assets or shares of Chihade or a division thereof in order for a customer to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
• Security of Personal Information.
We endeavor to protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our control. These measures include safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use and modification.
applicable laws and regulations. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards as appropriate to safeguard your Personal Information.
Currently, our Website utilizes a variety of different security measures designed to protect Personal Information by users both inside and outside Chihade, including the use of encryption mechanisms, password protection, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information. This helps maintain the confidentiality, privacy, and integrity of your transactions, and helps to protect your confidential information from loss, misuse, interception and hacking.
• Notification of a Security Breach
If Chihade or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access of certain security systems, you agree that Chihade, or the Recipient, may do so when required or voluntarily by posting notice on the Website or sending notice to any email address Chihade or the Recipient has for you, in the good faith discretion of Chihade or the Recipient. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to any other individual for whom you are acting and agree to provide the notice to any such individual.
• Storage, Retention and Accuracy of Personal Information.
Chihade will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. We take all reasonable steps to insure that your Personal Information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
• Access, Control and Update Information About You.
We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date Personal Information in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that your Personal Information needs to be updated, you can email us at email@example.com to update your contact information. You may choose at any time to remove your name, telephone numbers, and postal and email addresses from the lists we use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making changes.
• Links to Other Websites
• International Transfer of Personal Information
• Access by Children
Chihade adheres to the federal privacy protection standards as stated in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Our Website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If a child under the age of thirteen (13) provides us with Personal Information we will delete that information upon the request of a parent.
• Opt-Out Procedures
You may have the opportunity to elect to receive email and mobile communications from Chihade. Chihade will only email you or send you mobile alerts if you elect to receive them. If you elect to receive email and mobile communications, Chihade will send you occasional updates about new additions to the Website as well as special offers and promotions of which you can take advantage. If at any time you decide you would rather not receive these types of communications from Chihade, you can opt-out by (i) clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Chihade email, (ii) update the contact preferences for your account, (iii) for mobile marketing, you may opt-out by following the instructions provided in the text messages you receive, or (iv) contact the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
• Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship (1) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Chihade International, Inc.
P. O. Box 451329
Atlanta, GA 31145
We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the mailing address above. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above or otherwise exempted by law. Please note that we are required only to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
• Contact Information
You may contact the Privacy Officer to access, correct or delete your Personal Information. If necessary, the Privacy Officer will contact another individual to assist in completing your requested task. We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up-to-date Personal Information in our records.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer can be reached by telephone at: (404) 292-5033; by Facsimile at: (404) 297-8920; by email at: email@example.com; or by mail at Privacy Officer, Chihade International, Inc., P. O. Box 451329, Atlanta, Georgia, 31145. We will address your concern and attempt to resolve any problem.